Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Computer crash

On the eve of my flight to El Salvador, one of my worst nightmares came true. My little Macbook crashed. The startup screen never got beyond what you see above; forever it would search for the hard drive.

I know I am to blame, because the last time I started the computer, it warned me that my hard drive was almost full, and that I needed to archive some items. I did this but at the same time imported new photos from the camera, with a net result probably close to zero. I should have archived much more but thought I could wait a day. My OS just shrugged its shoulders, thought to itself ¨OK be that way, you #$%/!...¨and crashed.

These things never come at an opportune time, but a day earlier would have made a world - or at least half a continent - of difference to me. I backed up the entire machine a couple of months ago, but to a hard drive that I don´t have with me right now...

I´ll work something out.

The blog will continue, but it may be a few days before I have everything back in working order. Please bear with me as I try to get organized...

No comments: